Monday, June 29, 2009

DC, PBS Capstone, more recognition...

June 29, 2009

Cathy in DC

Today, we attended the PBS Capstone session at the request of Nadyne Hick, who is redesigning their program to meet the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) national technology standards for students and teachers.

Nadyne has been great. I met her in San Antonio at NECC 2008, after completing Capstone I and II with her during the 2007-08 school year. We hit it off and she has been a great sounding board and mentor throughout our Global Connections project. Capstone gave me many of the tools needed to make this a successful endeavor.


Nadyne showed up on Sunday to help us set up our poster session booth, took pictures, and was very encouraging. When she asked that I attend her session, I felt it was the least I could do after all her help.

It turned out that she was using our project as an exemplary one to illustrate ISTE standards. I felt so honored. It was great to be able to upload pictures to Orkut to share with Tyrone.

No comments:

Post a Comment