Saturday, July 4, 2009

Nothing like holding it in your hands...

JULY 4, 2009

Cathy, I have just received the 1st version of our book!!!! We are really very chic, aren't we!!!! You see, it is an example of our time: two teachers who only virtually know each other, working together and being able to produce lots of things, even a book!!!!!

Thanks for this partnership!!! and I hope we can do much more together!!!

God bless you!!! ---Tyrone

Remembering the first copy arriving in Illinois

As I read Tyrone's e-mail, I remember so well the moment that I opened the box with my first copy of the book. When it arrived at my house, I was home alone. It was so incredible to see the fruits of so much time and so much beautiful work together. My hands shook as I opened the box. It was so awesome to see the poems in print. I laughed and I cried as I turned the pages.

It is times like this that e-mail is not good enough. But it was not a SKYPE day, and I was unable to reach Tyrone except through e-mail. This was a day that I wished we could actually be in the same room and celebrate the moment together.

1 comment:

  1. i agree with you: I hope one day we can be together in person.

    ReplyDelete