Sunday, April 5, 2009

New Discovery in TappedIn

April 5, 2009


As I explored TappedIn more, I discovered a staff that was more than willing and able to help you through any problems you might encounter. And then, I discovered that it had “Threaded Discussion.” This was the answer to a question I had been asking for a long time. I was so excited to find we would be able to use this approach with our students!


Tyrone, I think I have found an answer to part of our chat problems within Tapped In. It appears that we need more time for our students to go back and forth between our chat and our translation site. After posting the comment, you go to Actions at the top right of chat box and click on Send to Pasteboard. Then it can be copied and pasted into GoogleTranslate. This will be very slow, and probably frustrating with so many typing at once.


JeffC is a TappedIn help person. I have invited him to join us on Wednesday to help us if we need it. He will at least watch what happens and make suggestions to make it work better.


Now for my new discovery. Go into our classroom. There is a navigation menu on the left. Click on Discussion. We can post two or three discussion questions and the students can go in and respond to them. I will try to do this for you to see by posting a question, and then going in with two or three of my students’ names and post possible discussion.


This way they can have meaningful discussion by responding to our question and to each other in a threaded discussion. I have been looking for a way to do this for a year, and I now know how. I will be doing this with all my classes. Check it out and let me know what you think. ---Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment