Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fine tuning the student collaboration…

April 7, 2009

Tyrone, I wondered about the class being so big. I understand the problem. Remember that next week we are not in school because of spring break. After that, I don’t see why we could not meet every day – Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. (So we will talk on Wednesday this week and we will talk Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday starting April 20? Is that okay?)


How many students do you have each day? Maybe I could rotate my students having different ones do different activities each day. Then the discussions will be fresh each day for my students as well as yours. The only time I see a problem is when we need to view a new movie. I can use Thursday and Friday but if it is very long, I may need an extra day. I will let you know as we go along.


My students are responding to the blogs your students write. Sometimes they ask a question so your kids can write back. Tell them to check. Mine will be checking blogs too – to respond to comments by your students. I think the discussions in Tapped In will be better because the students can go back and respond to anything the others have to say – in any of the classes. So, I really like the threaded discussion. We used it in one of my online classes last year and we learned so much. I hope that our students will enjoy it.


I have put some questions in already. They should respond to each one with their own answer. Then they should respond to what at least two other people – should we say also to two other people from the other school? That would be a total of 5 responses for each question.

I am so excited about this exchange. I think the students will learn so much. Have a beautiful day! ---Cathy


April 6, 2009


Cathy, The DVDs I have promised you were sent last Friday. So, in about 2 weeks you will receive them at home. In this sense, we will have more material to discuss with our students!

P.S: I have received several TappedIn e-mails concerning the discussions to be done next Wednesday.


Cathy, tell me whether it is or not possible having some Skype and TappedIn meetings on Mondays and Tuesdays. You know, my Mon and Tue students don't have the chance to talk to yours'. I have invited them to attend the Wed class but there are already lots of students on that day. If you can't do anything about it, I will understand. But please just let me know whether it is possible or not, ok?


In case it is possible, you could do a kind of a rotation: a week, we'd have a class on Monday; another one, on Tue; the 3rd one, on Wed. If you can't, don't worry! I will understand, because at least we have a day to interact with each other!! ---Tyrone

No comments:

Post a Comment