Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A proposition...

April 15, 2009

Hi, Cathy!! Great news!! Of course, I would like to have my students taking part of this work. I would ask them about those ones who like poetry and I would make them write some poems in class. In this case, such poems should be translated, shouldn't they? What kinds of descriptions would they do? We would have to think about something related to our work. For instance, the difficulties teens face before finding a job, going to college, the relationship with their family and so on.


Anyway, I would have to ask them about their ideas and the subjects they want to discuss about. How many students would you like to have in this student work? How many texts would you like us to send? I can't promise anything till I talk to them but I think the idea is great!


This week, students responded to comments of your guys; some of them also answered TappedIn questions and create PowerPoint presentations regarding the Verb to be, by using their own pictures. I will make them, afterward, create another PowerPoint to talk about their lives using several simple present verbs in English. Then, they will create movie makers about a student of yours that they liked most. Isn't it nice?


I hope we can see each other next Wednesday as it’ll be the only day we will be able to see each other next week, ok? ----


April 15, 2009

Tyrone, I have been selected for a $2500 grant to buy more webcams and digital cameras to continue our project. One of the things I listed to spend money on was to publish some of the student work.

How would you like to do something together -- with the students writing poetry or descriptions in their native language and then translate it to the other -- unfortunately a lot of the editing will have to be you since I don't know any Portuguese. But my students would write, use translation sites, and then you would have to check to make sure it made sense. Do you have any ideas?


Anyway, this is quite an honor and I would like for us to do something really good to show for the project. ---Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment